Custom Layout not apply

Hello

I set up “custom layout” on my classes but it does not work. During the connection I have to click on the button “Refresh” so that the user can see the data of the “Custom layout”.

How should I make the user sees the “custom layout” when connected?

Thank you

Thank you

Hi,

So your issue is that even though you choose one custom layout for that role you still have both the default and your layout in the list and that the default one are the one used when opening the object?

I noticed a similar issue when assigning custom layouts and for me it seemed like the default view was still set though I only chose the new layout.

Try to mark “Product” first then click the “Product - Product_Achat” and then save.

Hi @RasmusMagnell,

I do not understand, I select Product in the workspace and then “Product - Product_achat” but it’s the same.
Is this the test I had to do?

Thank you

@alaurent-PS

yes, I was referring to the menu in your image, so the Custom layout setting on the user.

In the screenshot you have your wanted layout selected only and what I suggest that you try is to just mark another layout like “Product” and then back the one you wanted “Product-Product_Achat”.

So for me the problem was that it looked like only my layout was selected but it still had the default one and mine.

@RasmusMagnell

Thank you for your help.
I tried but it does not work

Hi @alaurent-PS
sorry, I cannot follow you. What is your problem again?

BR
Christian

Hi @fash,

I set up “custom layout” on my classes but it does not work. During the connection I have to click on the button “Refresh” so that the user can see the data of the “Custom layout”.

How should I make the user sees the “custom layout”in default when connected?

Thank you

what do you mean with ‘connected’?

@fash, I set the workspace of a test user to use the “custom layout” and then connect with this test account

Ok, can you reproduce that with one of the demos? I just tried this and it worked as expected.
Maybe a cache issue? Did you try to re-login as this user in a new browser session?

Hi @fash
It’s the same.

Hi,
I just reconstructed your same at the public demo (https://demo-basic.pimcore.org) and it works as expected:
As soon as I log in as the test user, it only sees the data objects and its workspace, and when I open a data object it opens in the custom layout.

BR
Christian

@fash

Christian,

Can you show me step by step how are you doing?
There is certainly something that I forget to do

Thank you

Alexandre

I did exactly the steps like you described above.
then I used the login-link for the test user …

… and opened it in an incognito chrome session.

BR
christian

@fash

I also see that your test user does not see other Data Objects.
That’s the result I have:

I see all the Data Objects and when I click on the object in question it does not have the custom layout that appears:

I click on the reload button and the custom layout is only displayed for this Data object

is there another security to manage in PIMCORE to not display the default layout on the users?

Alexandre

Hmm, that is really strange.
Ok, I defined my workspace only for /users folder, thats why I only saw users in my screen.
But result in terms of opening object in certain custom layout stays the same - with me it opens the correct layout.

Can you try to reproduce the behavior at our public demos?

BR
Christian

@fash

Hi Christian,

What should I use as login and password on the demo site?
https://demo-basic.pimcore.org/admin/login

Thank you

Alexandre

admin : demo …
see also here for that information: https://pimcore.com/en/try :slight_smile:

From demo site, it’s ok …
I not understand …

Hi,
ok, then it has something to do with your installation. maybe update to latest dev-master or try a new one with latest pimcore dev-master.

BR
Christian