Image Handling with CSV data Import - How can I assign an image to a product automatically?

I am reviewing Pimcore as a replacement for the CMS my company currently uses.

I am primarily interested in Pimcore’s ability to be our central repository for our product information and metadata. The ability to tie into InDesign is also appealing.
Our plan is to store our product information in Pimcore and then create custom reports (or something similar) that we can then send to our various retail outlets. This information would then end up in their online catalogs.

I’ve gotten far enough to create a data object that has all of the product information data components/fields we require. We’ve even been able to import via csv file into the data object. The part I am struggling with is how are images handled? How can I assign an image to a product. I see there is an image data component, but I don’t understand it’s use.

If anyone can offer some guidance on where I can find documentation or tutorials on this I would greatly appreciate it.
I’ve searched the Pimcore archive pretty extensively and I’m not finding the answers I am looking for. It is entirely possible I am not asking the right questions when searching though.
I thank you in advance.

Hi,

you can use ImportDefinitions Plugin to import a lot of data of various sources and create Objects with Images:

Regards

Hi, Is it compatible to the latest pimcore version?

@Eich1993 There has been released an updated version with even more features, called DataDefinitions. It is compatible with the latest versions of Pimcore and now also supports export definitions.

Thank you @aarongerig. I’m having problem upon installation, “Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1610612736 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 4096 bytes) in phar:///opt/bitnam
i/php/bin/composer.phar/src/Composer/DependencyResolver/RuleSetGenerator.php on line 129”

I already increase php.ini memory_limit = -1, but still getting same error