Modify maximum row size for object Class

Hello,

I have a problem with my object class. My object class contains many fields needed to create an article master record.

I wanted to add new fields but I have this error message:
“pimcore.ERROR: An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE object_query_8 ADD COLUMN Code_article_PLV2 varchar(14) NULL;’: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs”

Do you have a workaround without changing some “Input” (TEXT) to “Textarea” (BLOB)?

Thank you

Alexandre

0 Likes

Hi,
this is a hard limit of mysql.
If possible, you can reduce column length (default 255) of input fields.

BR
Christian

0 Likes

Thank you, I already changed the sizes, I was hoping there was another tip.

0 Likes

@fash
Hello Christian,

I have converted many INPUT (TEXT) fields to TEXTAREA (BLOB) but I still have the same error.
Is there a MySQL command to update the database?

[2019-03-26 15:11:43] pimcore.ERROR: An exception occurred while executing ‘ALTER TABLE object_query_8 ADD COLUMN Code_article_PLV2 varchar(14) NULL;’: SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1118 Row size too large. The maximum row size for the used table type, not counting BLOBs, is 8126. This includes storage overhead, check the manual. You have to change some columns to TEXT or BLOBs [] []

Thank you

Alexandre

0 Likes

hi,
hmm, not really. Did any of your changes got applied to DB?

BR
Christian

0 Likes