Pimcore 5.4.1 (via Skeleton) installation fails with composer dependency error

Running COMPOSER_MEMORY_LIMIT=3G composer create-project pimcore/skeleton:dev-master my-project, as recommended in the installation instructions fails with the following message:

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Conclusion: don’t install pimcore/pimcore v5.4.1
- Installation request for pimcore/pimcore ~5.4.0 -> satisfiable by pimcore/pimcore[v5.4.0, v5.4.1].
- pimcore/pimcore v5.4.0 requires scheb/two-factor-bundle ~3.0 -> satisfiable by scheb/two-factor-bundle[v3.0.0, v3.1.0, v3.2.0, v3.3.0, v3.3.1, v3.4.0, v3.5.0, v3.5.1, v3.6.0, v3.6.1, v3.6.2, v3.6.3, v3.7.0, v3.7.1].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.0.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.1.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.2.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.3.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.3.1 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.4.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.5.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.5.1 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.6.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.6.1 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.6.2 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.6.3 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.7.0 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- scheb/two-factor-bundle v3.7.1 requires sonata-project/google-authenticator ^1.1 -> satisfiable by sonata-project/google-authenticator[1.1.0].
- Conclusion: don’t install sonata-project/google-authenticator 1.1.0

Am I doing something wrong?

I had the same problem but fixed it with adding “scheb/two-factor-bundle”: “3.0.0” to my own composer dependencies, then run composer update.

After that I removed it again and ran composer update again and everything worked fine…
Unfortunately I couldn’t invest enough time to find the real cause of the problem or to find a better solution.

Worked for me. Thanks so much!

Just a heads-up that it’s “scheb/two-factor-bundle”, not “schweb/two-factor-bundle”.

Thanks again!

Oups yea… Was already late for me. Even too late to copy-paste properly ^^

You need to install “scheb/two-factor-bundle”: “3.4.0” or higher
In Version 3.3.1 and lower (https://github.com/scheb/two-factor-bundle/blob/v3.3.1/Model/Google/TwoFactorInterface.php) the TwoFactorInterface has the method “setGoogleAuthenticatorSecret” but this method is not defined in the pimcore user class (https://github.com/pimcore/pimcore/blob/v5.4.1/bundles/AdminBundle/Security/User/User.php). in version 3.4 and higher of scheb/two-factor-bundle the method is gone.

They just released a patch for this: https://github.com/pimcore/pimcore/releases/tag/v5.4.2