Pimcore E-Commerce/Webshop options

Hi there,

I am a little bit confused about the different possibilities to setup E-Commerce solutions with Pimcore.

On the one hand there is this demo: https://github.com/pimcore/demo-ecommerce

It does not seem to use the coreshop plugin.

On the other hand there is the coreshop plugin which seems to be the most obvious solution to integrate pimcore with E-Commerce: http://www.coreshop.org/de/

And how is the pimcore/customer-management-framework-bundle related to this? Is it required? Does it play well together with CoreShop?

What is the recommended way to go if I want to create an online shop and what are the advantages / disadvantages of the choice?

Hi there,

I am the architect of CoreShop, so my opinion might be a bit biased, but here is how I see it.

The Pimcore e-commerce framework is, as the name says, a framework to built ecommerce solutions with Pimcore. It is basically a sandbox which gives you some e-commerce functionality like Pricing Rules, Product indices for filtering, basic backend order management and some more.

CoreShop on the other hand is a fully fledged e-commerce framework composed of multiple independent Pimcore Bundles that gives you way more out-of-the-box e-commerce functionality like:

• Cart Pricing Rules
  • Product Catalog Pricing Rules
  • Shipping Rules
  • Order Workflow
  • Payment Integration with Payum
  • Quantity Rules (eg. Tier Pricing)
  • Multiple Stores
  • Multi Currency
  • Mulit Theme
  • Exchange Rates
  • Taxation
  • Product Indices with Filtering
  • Product Units (eg. sell the same product in different units like cartons or pallets)
  • Backend Order Management
  • Backend Order Creation
  • Quote Management
  • Backend Cart Management
  • Ready to Go Theme for fast prototyping

and many more.

The Customer Management Framework then is a separate Bundle that has nothing todo with e-commerce but can be integrated with CoreShop and the e-commerce Framework.

Hope that helps a bit better to understand

Cheers
Dominik

2 Likes

@dpfaffenbauer Thanks for this great clarification :v:

1 Like