Saving fresh added object results in infinite loop

Hi,

after updating pimcore to version 5.3.1 I experience this weird behaviour:

I edited the PostAdd funcrtion in my TestListener. Now I add some values to different fields and when saving pimcore starts looping over and over.

Just for testing I removed all other code and just save the object (and write a Testmessage in a logfile).
The result is: Pimcore loads some time and after a few seconds I have a 100MB logfile and the error:
[17-Dec-2018 13:28:56 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in /opt/ProDaS/src/AppBundle/EventListener/TestListener.php on line 35
[17-Dec-2018 13:28:56 Europe/Berlin] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 2147483648 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 262144 bytes) in Unknown on line 0

This did not occur before upgrading.

Hi, adding to this:
I indeed had some code that ran when Saving the same type of object. thought that the loop came because of this (Sounded weird to me, but hey, lets give it a try)
So I removed the code for Changes after Updating and it still occurs.

Just to make it clear, have the following code:

Blockquote
public function onObjectPostAdd(DataObjectEvent $event)
{
$object = $event->getObject();
if($object->gettype() != folder)
{
if($object->getclassname() == “Motiv”)
{
$object->save();
}
}
}

And BOOM the loop is here…how the f can this happen?

Because you are calling object->save() from object->save()? OnObjectPostAdd is called in save function through the event handler.

Read the function definition of save and you’ll see why, or step through the function.

But this behaviour is new, am I right?

I have another pimcore installation (version 5.1.1) and used the same code there. Everything is fine.

Is there a workaround for the newer version?

When I remove the $object->save just nothing happens, so PostAdd sounds rather useless.

Hi,
if you want to change the very same object, I would use PreAdd/PreUpdate.
PostAdd can be used if some other entites/systems need to be notified when an object was added.

BR
Christian

Hi,

so that means adding

• { name: kernel.event_listener, event: pimcore.dataobject.preAdd, method: onObjectPreAdd }

to app/config/services.yml and changing:

public static function getSubscribedEvents()
{
return [
DataObjectEvents::PRE_UPDATE => ‘onObjectPreUpdate’,
DataObjectEvents::POST_ADD => ‘onObjectPostAdd’,
];
}

to

public static function getSubscribedEvents()
{
return [
DataObjectEvents::PRE_UPDATE => ‘onObjectPreUpdate’,
DataObjectEvents::PRE_ADD => ‘onObjectPreAdd’,
];
}

?

I tried this steps and now NOTHING happens.

Error with gallery configuration

Was this the correct way of implementing it? Or did I miss something?

Still the same problem

Can you share your services.yml? Where do you have you listener placed? And why do you use getSubscribedEvents?