SVG Upload Setup

Whenever I try to upload SVG images into my sites assets I get one of two errors. If I upload with compatibility mode I receive the message “Blocked a frame with origin “https://<mydomain.com>” from accessing a cross-origin frame.” . If I upload without compatibility mode I receive a blank error message (the network response shows up as empty).

I am able to force uploads via the api but when trying to view the file in the admin ui I get a “Server threw exception - could not perform action.” error with an empty message. I think because there wasn’t a thumbnail generated the preview doesn’t know how to resolve the file or that the system just can’t handle svg’s as an image.

I am running pimcore v5.4.4 with ImageMagick 6.8.9-9 and imagick 3.4.3 installed. What other steps should I take to debug this issue and/or am I missing anything for having imagemagick used in pimcore? As far as I have been able to tell, pimcore auto detects imagick to start using imagemagick, but I would love to hear that I am wrong if that is the issue here.

If no one knows how to deal with svg upload specifically, does anyone know how to test which adapter is being so I can tell at least that I’m no longer using gdlib?